Energy Performance Certificates

Friday 28 May 2010

Tips from the Meerkat

My famous friend, Alexander, sent me an email this morning which made me think the simple things / little things can make a difference too.

For example, think about paperless billing - many companies will give you a discount, albeit a small one, if you elect to go for paperless billing - so you save a little money.

But, if you think in terms of carbon footprint, there is less manufacturing overhead and less delivery miles - so your carbon footprint improves too.

Energy efficiency isn't always about the big things, s little change like this multiplied up by a significant percentage of the population would have a BIG impact, so chedck out your bills or bank statements and see if you have the option to reduce your paper communication and make that change.

At Surrey Energy Consultants, our principal activity is in the production of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs), but if we can pass on practical tips like this along the way, so much the better.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good tip from the meerkat - we already do this as much as possible but I hadn't really thought too much about the carbon footprint stuff.
    I didn't realise you were on such intimate terms with Alexander - I would have tried to make an Alexander puppet but my quota of special characters is already full (see my latest post)!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete